Of all of the crochet blog posts that I read this week, these are the ones that I loved the most:
Smart Words About Crochet
- Tapestry Crochet Interview. Marie of Underground Crafter (who received my blog award for best interviews) did a great interview with Carol Ventura of Tapestry Crochet (who received my blog award for best niche crocheter). It’s a smart post about a great specialty in crochet.
- Crochet Mathematics: The Mobius Strip. @creationsbycris continues adding to her awesome (I’m loving it) series about crochet and math. Here we get to know the math of the mobius.
- Yarn, Plarn and Now Harn? JD over at @CraftGossip shares the scoop on making yarn out of old hosiery. I always wear either opaque tights or fishnets. When I’m done with them, I turn them into arm warmers but I can see this being another option.
Great Crochet People Are Making
Fingerless Crochet Gloves from La Ventana Azul
Cute crochet makeup bag by French crochet blogger AnnaSimpleCrochet
Helpful Tips and Tutorials and Adorable Patterns
- Jackalackackie Crochet Hat Pattern. @knotbygranma usually makes really terrific art monsters but this week she also shared a super cute crochet hat pattern.
- Simple Crochet Bunting Tutorial. I don’t really use bunting myself but I’m always seeing great crochet bunting online. This tutorial comes from Pink Milk.
- Debi Y. has started selling some crochet patterns on her site. She generously publishes many patterns for free so pattern-buyers would do well to support some of her paid offers too!
- Enhance Your Crochet Lace. @crochetme shows how smart it can be to line an openwork crochet scarf.
- How to Linked Double Crochet. Thanks @CrochetSpot!
- Cottage Granny Tutorial. An idea from Cottage 1945 for expanding your basic granny knowledge with a cute edging.
- Happy End-ings. A weaving in ends primer from @CrochetMe.
Other Great Posts
- Dear Mother To Be. I loved this letter to an expectant mother that @poetryinyarn wrote explaining the use of acrylic yarn in her gift.
- Hue and Value Color Theory for Knit and Crochet. Helpful color education from @lionbrandyarn
- Wrist Exercises for Knitters and Crocheters. Helpful exercise ideas from @freshstitches.
And some special thanks this week:
- StitchStory for mentioning my post on Hobzy where she’s created some great collections of her terrific crochet work.
- ElisabethAndree did a roundup of all of the people who participated in her crochet contest which included a photo of the scarf I made.
- Handmadeology for publishing my post titled: How to Exploit Hot Men and Sell Crochet on Etsy!
Your feedback is welcome on the new look for link love. Leave it in the comments so I know what you think!
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Book Tour
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Favorite Quirky Blogger
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Free Crochet Patterns
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Book Reviews
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Design Information