Some of the things that have happened in my crochet world this week …
I Won Free Yarn
I had won a Christmas giveaway from Mamma4Earth that happened over at Natural Suburbia and the items recently arrived. I got a couple of cute knitted toys and a skein of lovely rainbow yarn. Not that I needed more yarn, but I’m always happy to try different types of yarn.
I Joined a Recycled Yarn CAL
Recycled Into Yarn is hosting a crochet-along where we are using T-shirt yarn to make crochet soap savers. I’ve never worked specifically with “tarn” although I’ve worked with fabric strips. And I’ve only made one sachet before that wasn’t specifically a soap saver. So this should be a nice little project. The type of recycled product used was voted on by the readers and I have to say that I’m so glad that tarn eked past plarn by just a bit. I think people do amazing things with crocheted plarn but I don’t enjoy working with it myself. I think tarn will be fun.
Blog Comments Should be Fixed
Just wanted to let everyone know that I’ve switched to a new blog commenting system here on this crochet blog. This should eliminate any problems that you were having commenting here. Thanks for sticking with me through that messy transition.
What happened in your crochet corner this week?
- Wrapping Up the Designer Crochet Project: 3 More Famous Fashion Designers
- Crochet at Coachella 2013
- Quince & Co. Crochet Pattern eBook Shows Gorgeous Rebecca Velasquez Designs
- 5 Inspiring Crochet Techniques and Styles I Probably Won’t Get Into (Crochet Blog Week, Day 6)
- Giveaway Winners and Other News in Kathryn’s Crochet Corner