Here’s the first entry in my new weekday series helping to find you all of the potential crochet job links from around the web. Bear with me as this series develops … I’ll be looking for more sources for leads. I am also taking job ads so if you need to hire a pattern tester, tech editor, contract crocheter, etc. then consider advertising with me.
Featured Crochet Job
Contract Crocheters Wanted
KRW Knitwear is seeking a few new contract crocheters to help her out. I personally love the work that she does and think she would be terrific to work with. In fact, I had planned on applying to work with her myself but some things came up that changed my immediate career plans. Anyhow, Karen is seeking experienced crocheters to create finished designs from her original patterns. Washington State local crocheters preferred but this isn’t a requirement. Karen is a professional and expects you to be as well. You should have good stitching skills, be able to keep designs under wraps until they’re released to the public, etc. In exchange, you’ll be paid for your work and will get the opportunity to crochet some great designs with some fun yarn. Learn more here.
Crochet Job Leads
Job Leads for Paid Crochet Jobs
- Freelance Knit and Crochet Designers. NY jewelry company expanding to offer knit and crochet accessories seeks freelance designers to make patterns.
- Crochet hat maker. To help make hats for too-busy Etsy store. Negotiable rate of $8 – $10 per hat. Based in NC.
- Someone to sew or crochet a pair of gloves. Compensation and details TBD.
- Someone to crochet cowls and scarves. Based in NC, seeking one item done daily. Post is short; make sure to be careful and ask for details!
- Crochet instructor. Upper Westside NYC individual seeking crochet instruction to help improve hat making skills.
- Fiber artist teachers. Chicago school seeking to hire fiber artists including crochet artists for teaching positions.
- Crafty teachers wanted. Rochester, NY creative community seeking crochet and other craft teachers.
- Senior Designer, cK Calvin Klein, Men’s Knits and Sweaters. Professional position based in New York for experienced industry knit and crochet designer.
- Online Managing Editor for 12 Craft Sites including AllFreeCrochet. Based in IL.
- Freelance Development Coordinator for Yarn Company. In-office NY position, part-time.
Job Leads for Volunteer Positions
- Crochet Shawl Volunteer. Central Wisconsin organization seeks 2 volunteer crochet shawl makers for hospice patients.
- Craft Worker Volunteer. Volunteers wanted to make chemo caps and items for newborn babies.
- Pattern Tester. 2-3 testers needed for iPod case (felted).