Today wraps up the first week of my posts of crochet job leads. I’m learning a lot. I’ve gotten some good sources for leads although I still hope to find more and I’d like to see people using the advertise tool to let my readers know about the crochet help that they need. I’ve learned to check some links more carefully because one lead I thought was good turned out to require a fee to access the full job post. But mostly it’s going well and I think it’s just going to get better with time. I hope you’re finding these posts useful.
Here are the featured posts for today.
Featured Crochet Job
Call for Crochet Patterns
The ad says: “Are you an active crafter? Do you have your own Crochet Patterns? We are publishing a book on crochet patterns and are looking for people to submit or develop patterns for the book. We will pay per pattern for the rights to use the pattern in our book and you will receive recognition as the designer within the book as well.” More info here. Note: You’ll want to email for more info to make sure that this one is legit because it doesn’t have a lot of details in the ad. I’ve just sent an email myself and will let you know if I learn more.
Crochet Job Leads
Job Leads for Paid Crochet Jobs
- Crochet Articles Needed. Set of five articles needed on craft topics of your choosing including crochet. Must bid for job through Elance.
- Knit and Crochet Sample Maker. New York job for someone with experience knitting and crochet samples as well as doing repairs on knit and crochet pieces.
- Knit and Crochet Instructor. If you’re in the New York / New Jersey area and are able to teach crochet and knitting then this one might be for you.
- Crochet Teachers. Art/ craft school in New York is seeking crochet teachers for on-site position.
- Website Designer for Yarn Store. I know several crocheters with web design experience so I thought I’d share this job which requires application through Elance.
- Yarn Sorter. In-house Georgia position for someone to sort lots of yarn to weed out the non-quality yarn. I know, this technically isn’t a crochet job but this job actually sounds like so much fun to me so I thought I’d put it out there!
Pattern Testers (typically the deal is you get a free pattern for your efforts)
- Romantic Crochet Headband Pattern Tester. Ravelry’s crocheterie is looking for 3-4 pattern testers for work due 1/15.
- Circle in a Granny Square Pattern Tester. Ravelry’s JessicaHarrison needs 5 pattern testers for a short project due 1/10/12.
- Slanted Crochet Neck Warmer. Ravelry’s barbarafaison needs 7-8 pattern testers for a project due 1/14/12.
Volunteer Job Leads
- Baby Caps for St. Luke’s. Crocheted and knitted caps are needed to send home with newborns.
- Teddies for Tragedies. Knit or crochet a teddy bear for an orphan.
Good luck and have a great weekend!