I didn’t get a chance to do a lot of crochet blog reading at the beginning of the week while I was in Vegas. Boy did that leave me with a lot to catch up on when I got back home. It just reminded me yet again how many crochet blog posts are going up each week, helping to spread love for this craft. It makes me so excited. Settling in with some tea and my blog reader for a few hours after getting home from my trip was probably the best part of vacation!
As you may notice, I was inspired to revamp the link love look a little bit. I thought it might be nice to give some more organization to the links to make it easier for you to find what interests you most.
Here were my favorite posts this week:
Smart Words About Crochet
- Should you buy inexpensive crochet items? This relates to the Friday Open Discussion topic that I posted this week (which you’re still encouraged to join in on now, by the way). It’s a smart post by @crochetwithdee about being torn on buying cheap crochet in a store. A good related post this week was also done by BellaCrochet.
- Math Crochet Series. I’m thrilled that @creationsbycris has started exploring the intersection of math and crochet. She started with a great post on hyperbolic crochet and this whole thing led me to finding the awesome Godzilla with Crocheted Hexaflexagon.
- Get Creative with Color. @freshstitches shared some great tips on working with color in smart ways.
- Story of Afghan Covered Cathedral Steps. Toni over at CrochetMe did a good job researching and reporting back on the tale of the crocheted granny square afghans that covered a Finnish church’s steps.
- Crochet Classes Online. @momwithahook has done a nice roundup of upcoming online crochet classes.
Great Crochet People Are Making
New Work from Le Monde de Sucrette
- Sucrette’s Square. I always love the colorful new work from Le Monde de Sucrette and this week was no exception. She’s get a great colorful granny flower that she’s also made into a square.
- Grass Blanket by Posh Pooch. (See image below). Also, this site’s Sara shows off her craft room in Fave Crafts new series: Craft Rooms Exposed.
Helpful Tips and Tutorials and Adorable Patterns
- Foundation Single Crochet Video Tutorial by @b_nielCrochet.
- Prospector’s Change Purse. Such a cute free crochet pattern by @crochetspot!
- Yarn Over vs. Yarn Under. Are you doing the YO the right way? @planetjune has the answer.
Challenges, CALs and Giveaways
- Barbara from Made in K-town is making 100 Edie Eckman motifs this year and has invited us to join in. Check out what everyone’s doing.
- A Twinkie Giveaway. @twinkiechan is having a fun giveaway of her cute little goodies. Deadline 1/20/12.
- Purple Beaded Hoop Earrings Giveaway. Deadline 1/31/12.
- Win a Zombie Kitty Amigurumi. So fun. From @cultgrrrl. Deadline 1/20/12.
- Jimbo Crochet Hook Giveaway. I think it’d be terrific to win these great handmade hooks. Deadline 1/16/12.
Yarn and Yarnbombing Posts
Other Great Posts
- Paypal and Digital Rights. @planetjune shared some very important information for crocheters (and others) who use Paypal to sell their stuff.
- Pinning Down Pinterest. FaveCrafts has a guide to Pinterest, what it is and ways to use it. I’m on Pinterest.
- CLF 3.0 is Ready. @crochetlibfront has launched CLF 3.0 filled with information and resources for crocheters. Become a member for free here.
And some special thanks this week:
- @creationsbycris for her post joining me in 12 in ’12 charitable crochet. Do you want to join in? I’d love if you did. One recommendation for an upcoming charity crochet project is The Love Scarf Project, recommended by @thisiscarrie.
- @crochetcabana for mentioning the charity crocheter blog awards I gave out last month.
Your feedback is welcome on the new look for link love. Leave it in the comments so I know what you think!