Welcome to the first Kathryn’s Crochet Corner of 2012. I’m kicking off the new year with lots of plans, projects and goals. I’ve also got some new features debuting here on the blog so there’s a lot to cover in today’s crochet corner. Let’s get to it.
2012 Crochet Projects
I’ve got several year-long projects that are now starting up. The big ones are:
- 365 Ways to Wear Crochet. I’ll try to wear a crochet item as part of my outfit every single day this year and will be sharing that with you in daily afternoon fashion posts.
- 12 in ’12. This is a project to donate charity crochet items on a monthly basis. I’ll be setting it up as a project that others can join in on with regular linky updates here on the blog. Learn more in a few hours from the official blog post.
- Surmount the Stash. I’m joining in on Surmount the Stash this year which is hosted by Revelations of a Delusional Knitter.
Throughout last year I kept thinking that it would be great if there was one place that I could go to look for crochet-related jobs and calls for submission. At some point, I finally thought, “Kathryn, you should just make that space”. One of my big goals for Crochet Concupiscence in 2012 is to be a place where people can come to easily find information on paid and unpaid, one-time and ongoing crochet jobs as well as the latest calls for submission for crochet writers and designers. Of course, the format for this may need to be adapted as time goes on but right now here’s what it means:
- Every weekday I’ll post a curated list of links to crochet jobs around the web.
- Every Tuesday I’ll do a roundup of the latest crochet calls for submission that I’ve found.
- Anyone who has a crochet job available can post it on the job board (the current rate as of the date of this post is $15 for a 30-day ad) and those jobs will also be featured as regular home page posts here on the blog for people to see.
Advertise on Crochet Concupiscence
First quarter advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the site have now been posted. Did you know that you can get a sidebar ad on this blog for the full quarter for just $40? It reaches numerous people focused entirely on crochet.
I hope your New Year has started off great. Any big crochet goals you want to share?