It’s time for a new installation of Hooked Together. This is my blog project where I go through my list of blogs, pull one out and check out every single blog listed in that blog’s sidebar. I share which ones I’m already familiar with and which ones are new to me in different categories. In the end, this will all come together in a visual display of the world of crochet blogging. In the meantime, it’s a way for me to find new awesome blogs and maybe for my readers to find some as well.
This week, I’m checking out the blog list over at Butternut Street. As I get started, I’m really excited to see what’s on the blogroll because blogger Niki is not only a crocheter but also a quilter. I don’t quilt myself but this past year I’ve started to get more interested in quilting blogs for their great visual displays. So I’m curious to see if she introduces me to some new blogs in both categories. As for Butternut Street, I love the short to-the-point shares that Niki offers on this blog while still managing to share a lot of herself in the posts.
Hooked Together Blogs
Multi-Craftual Blogs Including Crochet
- Simplify. A post in 2010 says this blogger barely knows how to crochet but her crochet work has blossomed since then. Check out her lovely recent crochet cowl post. This blog has long posts filled with photos and personal life thoughts with a variety of crafts included.
- The Cheeky Seagull. Lovely personal blog with lots of photos of family, gardening and crafting including crochet.
- Stray Stitches. Mostly a quilting and sewing blog with lots of giveaways and the occasional crochet post.
- Amy Stitches. Mostly a sewing blog with a little bit of crochet in the archives.
- Knits, Cooks and Crochets. Family blog from a mom who knits and crochets with her daughters.
- Moda Bake Shop. This blog is so fun. It’s a fabric recipe blog, taking the elements of a good baking blog and applying them to tutorials and tips for using fabric. @modabakeshop
- Bunny Hill Blog. Terrific inspirational blog on quilting, embroidery, fabric design and some other domestic arts. @bunnyhill
- Loves To Quilt. And to share it in blog form!
- Wraggedy Patches. Quilting blog with lots of little family life posts.
- Log Cabin Quilter. A country style quilting blog.
- Little Bits and Pieces. Quilting blog.
- So Many Quilts, So Little Time. Quilting blog from a budding nature photographer.
- Terri’s Notebook. Beautiful sewing and drawings from an illustration student. @Terriaw
- Alycia Quilts. Quilting blog from a charity quilter who makes terrific handmade items for wounded soldiers.
- A Creative Notion. Quilting, sewing, embroidery and more.
- Jackie’s Stitches. Quilting, sewing, knitting, wool rug hooking and more.
- Freda’s Hive. Quilting blog from a mom of eight.
- Plain and Simple. Quilter’s blog about adding simplicity to modern life.
- Gypsy Quilter Designs. Quilter’s personal life and inspiration blog.
- Happy Cottage Quilter. Personal blog of a thrift-loving quilter.
- Em’s Scrapbag. Quilt and fabric blog.
- Pokeydotquilting. Family sewing and quilt blog.
- Quilt Dad. A guy’s quilting blog.
- Cara Quilts. A Canadian quilts to help deal with chronic pain.
- Carol’s Craft Blog. A photo-rich quilting blog.
- Handmade by Alissa. Beautiful quilting blog with tutorials. @handmadealissa
- A Few Scraps. Colorful quilting blog.
- A Little bit of Everything. Family crafting blog.
- Beth’s Crafts. Knitting, cross stitch and embroidery.
- Spun Sugar Quilts. Quilting blog with a long history to it.
- Squash House Quilts. A fly fisher’s quilting blog.
- Polka Dots and Pastries. A cooking and baking blog.
- I’ve Gone Quilting. Quilter’s blog.
- Quilty Giveaways. A giveaway blog for people who love quilting.
What did I find? As I expected, there were lots of pretty quilting blogs here but I did also find some new crafty blogs that include crochet to add to my own reader.