Note: The blog’s framework is being tweaked a bit in the next couple days so if you have any problems accessing the site, that is probably why. Do come back – I value your interest!
Wow. How the heck did October get here already? I can’t believe I’ve had another month of posts to share with you already along with recently updating the entire look and design of the blog! It’s true, though, here’s the last month of posts in case you missed anything big on the blog in September.
My Favorite September Crochet Posts
Crochet Art and Artists
- Space and Scale Crochet Artist Ana Laura Alaez
- Scientific Crochet Artists Margaret and Christine Wertheim
- Knot After Knot: Online Crochet Art Exhibit
- Crochet in the Art of Tracey Emin
- Sri Lanka Crochet Artist Anoli Perera
- Granny Square Love crochet book review and blog tour stop for Sarah London
- Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts Lacy Crochet book review
- Crochet Master Class book review
- Granny Squares Nanny Squares book review
- Google eBooks for People who Love Crochet
Reviews of Yarn and Yarn Sellers and Other Yarn Stuff
- Etsy’s MixedMedium Yarn Store
- Yarn Sellers: Yarns of Italy
- Etsy Yarn Seller: Jane and Michael
- Plymouth Yarn Italia Fingerpaints Yarn Review
- Paton’s Bohemian Yarn Review
- Fern Loop-d-Loop Yarn Review
- Creme de la Creme Yarn Review
- Coveting: Metallic Crochet Thread
- Coveting: Superfine Alpaca Yarn
- Issues and Ethics of Cashmere Wool Yarn
Crochet Inspiration and Idea Lists
- 25 Holidays to Celebrate with Crochet
- 25 Etsy Shops that Sell Crochet Items
- 25 Charities that Accept Crochet Donations
- 25 Resources for Crochet News and Information
People Who Crochet
Inspiring stories of people who crochet:
- Another 103 Year Old Woman is Still Crocheting!
- When Grandma Isn’t Crocheting, She’s Hunting
- Susie Hewer can Crochet while Running a Marathon
- Trucker Crochets Hats to Deal with Cancer Diagnosis
- AHA Bolivia: Fair Trade Knit and Crochet Designs
- 72 Year Old Woman Crochets Flags up to 18 Hours Per Day!
- 83 Year Old Crochets Plarn to Cure Arthritis
Crochet on Runways / Designer Crochet/ Celebrity Crochet
- Mid-September Designer and Celebrity Crochet Roundup including New York Fashion Weel
- Late September Roundup includes crochet on the runway at London Fashion Week and Milan Fashion Week
- Celebrity Backup Dancer Creates Crochet Puppoose - Cute or ridiculous?
- 25 Celebrities Spotted in Crochet
- Designer Christopher Kane Nominated for Fashion Award
- Designer Kane Crochets Cashmere Biker Jacket – (I love this!)
General Crochet News
- Eek! Gross! Crazy Crochet Hook Injuries!
- Crochet Goodies from the Interweave Store
- Crocheting Purple Hats to Raise Awareness about Purple Crying
- It’s Time to Sign up for Stitches West Classes
- 8th Annual 60 Scarves in 60 Days
- 67,000 Crochet Bears Made from HIV+ Children in Africa
- End of Summer Crochet Swimsuit Roundup
- Storms Devastate Crochet Museum and Yarn Store
- Crochet Sandals Company Receives Big Grant
- What is National Wool Week?
- Tips for Getting Free Yarn on Listia
I am still working on Year of Projects so I’ve had post updates about that every Sunday. In those posts you can see the crochet bags and wine bottle cozies I’ve made and I made some wine suggestions for the wine bottle cozies this month.
In September, I also showed off:
Plus I shared lots of crochet updates and yarn photos in My Crochet Corner.
Crochet on Etsy
The themes for September’s Etsy collage posts were:
- Crochet cables. Although you readers with a good eye did let me know that one of the items in this was actually knit. So often I can’t tell!
- Lovers Knots AKA Solomon’s Knots
Daily Crochet Quotes
There were crochet quotes daily on the blog M-F all month long but some of my favorites were:
- No Errata – celebrating design mistakes
- Shorty’s Sutures definition of Yarncrafters
- There is no bad yarn!
- Hairpin Lace History quote
That was September here on the blog!