You have a lot of options when it comes to crafting for a cause. One that is currently in full swing is the 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge, which is hosted by Crocheting with Dee and can be found on Ravelry. The goal of this is to provide handmade warmth to people in need in your local community. It’s a nice project to participate in because it does have a community built up around it via Ravelry but it’s got really flexible rules so it’s easy to participate.
Some of the details:
- This is the eighth year of 60 scarves in 60 days.
- It runs through November 30th. This actually 90 days, not 60 days, but they’ve maintained the former name.
- You can participate by creating one or more scarves.
- You can donate scarves locally to the cause of your choice.
- Any pattern is okay (but give credit to the designer if you use someone else’s design!)
60 Scarves in 60 Days is only one option to crochet for a cause. Here are 25 charities that accept crochet donations.