I have started featuring crochet mosiacs on Monday, putting together a set of photos of other people’s great crochet work on Etsy to reflect a theme. Is anyone liking this new approach to showing off Etsy crochet work?
This week’s theme is what I would want if I was suddenly ten years old again. When I was ten, I was trying to be older than ten in a kind of cute, nerdy way. I read more grown-up books. I wore lipstick. I listened to Debbie Gibson and thought it would be totally appropriate to date one of the NKOTB if only I could meet them. I’m sure if I was ten today, instead of back in 1990, some things would be different but I think a lot of stuff would be similar about me.
Here is my mosiac of things I think I’d want if I was ten today.
Find these in the following stores:
- iPod cozy by saltcitydesign. I didn’t have one then, of course, but I imagined I’d demand one as a ten year old today.
- Purse by QuiteSimply. It reminds me a little of the denim purse I did have when I was ten.
- Hair scrunchie by MissLadyBugCrochet. I definitely rocked the scrunchie back then.
- Crochet barefoot sandals by dosiak. I was more about low heeled short boots back then but I was also barefoot a lot of the time and could see thinking these were cute.
- Fingerless gloves by craftheart. Hot pink and black were my favorite colors at age ten. My mom re-did my room in those colors during the summer while I was visiting my grandma in Ohio. Combined with the Madonna style of the era, I can imagine wanting these.
- Dolphin amigurumi by KATZ. I still liked stuffed animals all the way through my teen years and really liked dolphins and “big cats”.
- Hot pink leg warmers by captainsRN. Truth be told I wasn’t a legwarmers girl. I was more of an oversized shirt over leggings. But these are so classic to that time and so popular with kids again now that I had to include them in my mosaic.
- Denim jacket by pattydavisdesigns. I definitely had a jean jacket when I was ten. Now I have two of them.
- Blue and white skirt by JADaBathandBody. I also had a whole closet of denim skirts and that’s what this skirt reminds me of.
- Halter top by Jeanna1966. I know, this looks too “mature” for a ten year old. But here’s the thing. At that age I had this white floral top that kind of opened up and needed something to be worn underneath it and what I wore underneath was this bright pink tube top. So this top reminds me of that.
- Bracelet by iceice. My all-time favorite activity at age ten was making friendship bracelets!
- Cosmetic Bag by CraftyAnna. I was playing with make-up at this age but still kind of young and cheesy about it and I think I would’ve loved this use-able makeup bag with crochet cosmetics.
- Hot pink and black bobble blanket by aspreeuw. This would’ve been perfect in my room!