I am continuing to put together my 25 lists of 25 things to inspire crocheters. This week’s goal is to come up with 25 people I would love to sit down and crochet with. As I sit down to make this list, I am thinking that I want to reach for the stars. I want my list to include people I adore and people that I may meet someday and people I may never meet and people I never could meet because they are long gone from this earth.
The idea is to create a group of 25 people who would make a super inspiring group to crochet with. Then when I’m feeling uninspired I can daydream about what it would be like to sit in a room with this group and hopefully get some fresh crochet inspiration.
Okay, here’s my list:
- My mom.
- My sister.
- Laurie Wheeler from @CrochetLibFront
- Crochet Queen Gwen Blakley Kinsler
- John Miller, a lumberjack, cowboy and carpenter who won a crochet contest in 1939
- Elizabeth Grant, author of 1812’s Memoirs of a Highland Lady, which is the first known written reference to crochet
- Ellen Gormley of GoCrochet
- Margaret Hubert
- Leslie Blackmon
- Beverly Lewis, a blind woman who crochets gifts for her 15 siblings
- Oella Norman, 103-year-old woman who still crochets
- Fashion designer Christopher Kane
- Fashion designer Emilio Pucci
- Aldo Lanzini
- Tina of Tina Dean Designs
- Swimsuit designer Lisa Maree
- Debbie Stoller of Stitch n Bitch
- Mary Jane Hall of Positively Crochet
- Stacey Trock of Fresh Stitches
- Abigail Coe of Abinocoe
- Karen Ratto-Whooley of KRW Knitwear
- Jean Leinhauser (RIP)
- Crochet designer Kristin Omdahl
- The Amish family my dad is friends with
I would love to see other people make their own lists. Who would you crochet with if you could?