Looking back across the past week, here are some of the most stand-out blog posts from my favorite crochet blogs:
- Art, Like Bread did a post about Mirtooli, an artist who makes beautiful sculptural wearable crochet pieces that I will definitely be doing more research into myself.
- Craft Gossip shared some ideas for dollar store items that you can dress up with your own crochet work. Lovely creative ideas here! This blog also had a post letting us know about the Pink Slipper Project, yet another good crochet-for-a-cause opportunity.
- Fresh Stitches shared her idea of creating a quilt-style blanket using the yarn from her previous projects. Great memory keepsake!
- Aberrant Crochet did a helpful post about the difference between American and European crochet terms, noting the important fact that sometimes vintage crochet patterns use the European terms.
- Crochet Spot did a nice basic intro into reading the symbols used in crochet patterns.
- Mom with a Hook shared a great option for color changing called The Russian Joint. It comes from knitting but works for crochet.
- Debi Y. shared a great pattern idea for a flower height marker (so much better than just those annual marks on the wall as the kids grow up!)
- Streetcolor had an interesting post about the ups and downs of being a yarnbomber. She’s a knitter but of course the yarnbombing movement is really more about art than needlework technique and the post felt valuable to me. She is also quoted in a news article about yarnbombing that talks about where the movement is going these days.
- Fave Crafts Blog did a roundup of the top 5 most popular crochet afghan patterns last month. Love the Tulip Square they show!
- Crazy Crochet Blog had an interesting post highlighting some of the differences between knooking and Tunisian crochet.
- Marie at Underground Crafter was interviewed by S2 Designs blog about her experiences as a women entrepreneur. Great interview for all crafty businesswomen to check out.
- Slate did a great article about why Ravelry is better than Facebook (via @Craft)
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Book Tour
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Favorite Quirky Blogger
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Free Crochet Patterns
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Book Reviews
- 2013 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards: Best Crochet Design Information