Today is the kick off day for Berlin Fashion Week. One of the labels that I’m eyeing as this week kicks off is Issever Bahri. DW-World.de explains that this is a duo (Derya Issever and Cimen Bachri) and more importantly that the thing this young duo has become best known for is their unique method of using thin strips of crocheted leather to create form-fitting but flattering garments. They are a small label doing the work themselves and even have Mom helping out with some of the crochet work. It is important to them to feature at at least a little bit of handwork in all of their collections. The results are lovely:
I am definitely looking forward to seeing what they put on the runway next!
- Stunning 2014 Crochet Swimsuits
- Crochet Artwear by Indra Dovydėnaitė
- New Crochet on the Runway from John Rocha (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Rodarte (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)
- New Crochet on the Runway from Sister by Sibling (Autumn/Winter 2014 Fashion Week)