I love the idea of the Build with Yarn contest. It asks you to get creative with yarn, building everything from automobiles to cityscapes from yarn. People who enjoy crochet can challenge themselves to crochet something really cool to add to this contest.
Why enter the build with yarn contest?
- Doing so allows you to challenge your crochet skills, creating something totally unlike what you’ve ever created. That’s a good thing.
- It allows you to participate in something fun with the rest of the crochet and yarn-loving community.
- It gives you a chance to write a “how to” about building with yarn. This is good for your portfolio and general bragging rights.
- There are prizes. Five Lion Brand Yarn gift certificates will be awarded to the winners.
Some basic contest info
- It is a collaborative effort between Lion Brand Yarn and Instructables. You must publish an Instructable showing how to build your yarn item.
- Entries must be submitted by February 20th.
- Finalists will be determined in part by the staff of Instructables and in part by user votes on the Instructables site. The finalists will then be reviewed by judges to select the winners.
Are you going to enter this crochet contest? Why or why not? I’m curious!